Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Well first let me start off by.....

Introduction:

My gaming group is based in a home-brewed of my somewhat limited construction. The world is getting it's feel now, but initially it was just based on a war campaign. I was inspired by the campaign book/adventure kit from Dragon #309 and the corresponding Dungeun #100 "Incursion" campaign and workbook., but didn't really feel like using the Githyanki and/or Githzerai races. Don't get me wrong they are kick ass, but I didn't really feel like getting into a multi-planal campaign. I also didn't dig the flavor of the them as characters;"We hate the Material Plane, grr" sorta thing ticks me off. I did love all the idea and set up they had for the campaign so I instantly got on board with that, plus the rules set up and possibilities that can happen. SO I just needed another race, a vengeful race, one that could be intuitive for war, and good at it, but also blind in it's rage and response to everything.

HUMANS. Of course.

So then I decided to make a human empire at war with the world naturally this reflects some already Historic events and people; from Alexanders march across the Ancient Known world, and the Roman Empire's battle for control long afterwards to the Axis powers and Hitler's try at extermination of an entire people. They're was definitely a lot of  resources to draw from for character and nation development.

The cold harsh mountainous region of Narrisia was born.


Narrisian Soldiers Narrisian Soldier

At the same time, I created other nations to respond. But this was all quick. If I remember right, I had like 3 days to come up with something for the group when we were going to play and liked this idea since they all would just get drafted, and go right into battle, and it worked really well.

Now, years later and after a couple of campaign parties and adventures, the world is set up and it's a very active world. It's a war-time place, and as much as other things can be happening, it's a constant reminder of whats going on.

This is the basis of my gaming group's campaign world, Essidarius and the many nations within, and what is going on. SOon you'll get to know it too, and maybe hey even use it, hmmm?


Map of our Nerdism
A LOT of this will be changed.
(now sure some of those names are none to original, but try pulling a whole alternate reality out of your ass and let's see how creative YOU get!)

No comments: